Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Fat Loss Tail



Hello my name is Ronda Knight, and I would like to take a minute to tell you about myself and my never ending weight loss journey. As a child I was always a little bit chubby, not fat just a little bigger than most kids. As I got older I got heavier. Bad eating habits, no exercise, and maybe a little too much booze.
At one point I weighed in at a whopping 272lbs. Now being only 5 ft. tall this was not a good look.Whenever I got in the car it was Wendy's, Burger King, McDonald's, Dairy Queen and 31 flavors. Let me just say there are more than 31 flavors. LOL I looked and felt horrible. I had no energy and no desire to do anything.
So now was the time to make a change. I tried every conceivable diet on the planet, from weight watchers to Slim Fast and even the Adkins diet. I even did the grapefruit diet. I even starved myself. Well here's the problem with those programs. They work only temporarily, then the weight comes back 10 fold.
A year ago I turned 40 and weighed 215 lbs. My husband, who is a personal trainer, decided to compete in a body building show, and I was mortified at a picture of the two of us together. HOLY CRAP!!! Who is the fat chick. I deceived myself in thinking I looked good. NOT SO MUCH!!! Anyways I decided to do something about this. I worried about what his friends thought, and him being embarrassed by me. He is totally blind when it comes to me. He loves me no matter what.
I decided to train and lose the weight so I could compete. I am currently down 70 lbs. I went crazy, I did everything I could from weighing out everything I ate to counting calories. It was obsessive! Every trainer, nutritionist and weight loss expert all say this is what we need to do. It really works, if your trying to be a body builder. I did this in 6 months....
Now the average woman does not have time for all that. I found that some big,minor changes is all most people need. Make better food choices, get 20 mins. of cardio 3 to 4 days a week, and most importantly eat more often. 5 to 6 small meals a day. Breakfast should consist of a clean carb. and a protein. (1/2 whole wheat bagel w/peanut butter and 2 hard boiled eggs). Then have an Adkins Advantage bar (low carbs and tastes great. Works with gycemic index) for mid am snack. A nice chicken salad for lunch, then maybe a piece of fruit for your mid afternoon snack. A well balanced dinner(carb,protein,green veggie). Then try a LOW sugar protein shake before bed. Also make sure you take a multi vitamin every day along with 1400mcg of chromium picolanate.
I found that this works really well. I've slowed down on the diet and haven't gained any weight back. I still have about 15 lbs. to lose. This doesn't mean you cant have a cheat day every now and then( cause I sure do).
I found a book that basically outlines the diet plan that I've been on. I love it!!! It is so simple and straight forward. I found that most weight loss books out there are really depressing. Or at least they make me depressed. They make me feel like a failure, because their not realistic for the average person.
So get the jump start you need and lets get going!!!!
Good luck to all of you, I'm behind you all the way!!!
http://www.fasttracktofatloss1.com

No comments:

Post a Comment