Tuesday, June 22, 2010

CHEAT DAYS!!!!



Ok so your on your diet and doing a great job, but it's about day 5 and your seriously thinking about PIZZA, BURGERS, ICE CREAM, and every other favorite junk food on the planet. Hell even the ones you really don't like. Don't panic this is very natural. Most of us are carb sensitive. Which means our bodies hold onto all the breads and sweets and stores it for later. You know that bloated feeling you get, and the size of your stomach seems to grow with just one slice of pizza. Yeah that!!! Your probably thinking forget this it's too hard. Don't quit!!!!!
Alright take a deep breath and just relax. You have a goal. For me it was NOT looking like one of those FAT OLD LADIES. You know the one I mean, she wears a moo moo cause nothing else fits and the fat apron is hanging too low. That's my fear!!! So have a treat. I don't mean an entire box of double stuffed oreo's. Have 2 cookies.
I find if I mix it up with my meals, it's not so hard. Try to find some healthy snacks that are naturally sweet. Have an apple, snack on some peanut butter and celery. I personally enjoy chocolate rice cakes with peanut butter. 2 is all you need!
It takes 21 days for your body to adjust to a new way of eating. Don't get discouraged! Keep in mind that your supposed to be having 5 to 6 small meals a day. I totally get the whole I NEED something. I generally like to have my fruit for my mid morning and my rice cakes and PB for my afternoon snack. It really does help with the cravings. If that's not working have an 8 ounce glass of water. Your stomach will think it's getting something. Everyone is different this is alot of trial and error.
Ok so your on the right track again. Allow yourself 1 cheat meal. (NOT A CHEAT DAY) Eat whatever you want. Don't be surprised if after eating so clean and healthy that your cheat meal isn't as good as you remembered it.
If you fall off the dieting wagon don't beat yourself up about it. Just pick yourself up and keep going. Alot of people think if you cheat you have to start over from scratch. Give me a break! It didn't take you 10 minutes to put that weight on. It took years.... So just pick up where you left off. IT"S OK!!!!
Here are a couple of dishes I used to keep me going....

1) chicken burgers w/spicy mustard, side salad and brown rice
2) grilled chicken w/mango, peach salsa, sweet potato w/i cant believe it's not butter and cinnamon (no brown sugar) and some broccoli Floretts
3) Spaghetti w/whole wheat pasta ( I prefer homemade,stay away from high sodium)
a nice side salad and if need be 1 slice of whole wheat bread
4) Grilled Chicken Salad (yummy) lots of Romain lettuce, arugula, and baby spinach.
Carrots, green peppers, mushrooms and cucumber. Sliced grilled chicken. Top with
raspberry walnut salad spritzer.
These are just a couple of my favorites. As you can see lots of chicken!!!! Don't knock it I ate alot of plain boiled chicken, it's easier if you try to spice some things up. Pick what you like and create your own favorite meals.
Remember your NOT on a DIET! This is a lifestyle change. The minute we say diet our brains automatically reject the thought. That's instant failure. Your reinventing yourself, creating a better, stronger and healthier you. So if you GOT to cheat go ahead, don't beat yourself up, just move on!!!
http://www.fasttracktofatloss1.com

No comments:

Post a Comment